|10 Points of Pride|
1. At TCPS, the road to excellence and efficiency starts with the administration. All TCPS school administrators have been certified by The Georgia Leadership Institute for School Improvement (GLISI). In fact, TCPS is recognized and fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools and the Georgia Accrediting Commission.
2. TCPS seeks to recruit and retain both seasoned and highly educated professionals. At TCPS, more than 50 percent of our faculty and administrators hold degrees at a Master's level or higher. The TCPS team also includes professionals with educational experience spanning 15 years or more.
3. TCPS students are active both in and outside of the classroom. TCPS schools offer a variety of extracurricular activities from athletics to social clubs and organizations. Studies have shown that involvement in school activities can improve time management skills, raise self-esteem levels and help turn students into leaders.
4. TCPS uses 21st century communication tools to help students learn and recall information. All TCPS classrooms are equipped with ActivExpression technology, or educational software that turns learning environments into fun and interactive white boards. Computer labs in TCPS schools give students the support, technology and tools they need to complete assignments.
5. TCPS students are serious about success! Our SAT scores increased more than 40 points in 2010 versus 2009, when comparing year-over-year data.
6. The Advanced Placement (AP) and Honors Programs at TCPS are two ways that students stand-out from the crowd. TCPS offers seven AP and honors courses, which help students broaden their intellectual horizon. Participating in advanced courses and exams gives students a unique opportunity to prepare for the academic intensity of colleges and universities.
7. TCPS students are moving up. According to the Georgia Department of Education, TCPS's graduation rate of 83.1 percent is higher than the State's, which stands at 79.9 percent.
8. Twiggs County Public School's (TCPS) graduation plan is designed to help students compete with the nation's top school systems. TCPS middle school students - starting in the sixth grade- will have a personalized graduation plan to follow as they matriculate through high school, college and beyond. Students are encouraged to build upon their plans with input from teachers, guidance counselors and parents.
9. Twiggs Connect is TCPS's new automated calling system. One of our many ways of staying connected to the publics we serve. With Twiggs Connect, school officials can verbally issue updates, breaking news and other information to parents within a matter of minutes.
10. TCPS is committed to building stronger ties with the community through Parent University. This program is a community collaborative led by TCPS to help parents become full partners in their child's education. Parent University offers free classes and workshops, family events and activities to teach participants new or additional skills. The program's goal is to empower parents with the necessary resources to help their child succeed in school, and in life.